“Part consultant, part motivational speaker, part therapist and part rent-a-friend, coaches work with managers, entrepreneurs, and just plain folks, helping them define and achieve their goals – career, personal, or most often, both”. – Newsweek
Life coaching is sometimes confused with consulting or counseling, but it’s really something very different. The purpose of life coaching is to help people live they life they want, whether that means getting a new job, starting a new business, or simply having less stress and more fun. Today many successful business professionals, managers, entrepreneurs and CEOs regularly use the services of a Life Coach to take their lives, careers, or businesses to the next level.
Life coaching is not therapy. Which means, in a coaching session, you don’t spend your time analyzing your past. More likely, you’ll be talking about your present and future, your goals and your dreams. Life Coaches don’t work on past-based issues or traumas. Life coaches are neither psychologists nor psychotherapists. If you decide to work with a Life Coach, and you have unresolved issue from the past, the chances are that the Life Coach will refer you to an appropriate therapist to resolve the issue.
What is Power Lives Coaching?
My Power Lives Coaching program sessions most often take place over the phone, but they can be done in person as well. My program is based on four main principals:
- Accountability – My job as a Life Coach is to hold you to hold you accountable for the choices that you make and the actions that you need to take in order to achieve your goals.
- Knowledge – As a Life Coach it is also my job to provide you with the right knowledge needed in order to take your life, career, or business to the next level.
- Action – As a Life Coach I know only too well the importance of taken focused and strategic actions – therefore, action points will need to be carried out and adhered to.
- Speed – One of the benefits of working with a Life Coach is that things start to happen faster due to the nature of how coaching is structured.
Through regular sessions, I, as a Life Coach, will work with you on:
- Breaking through blocks and procrastination
- Setting goals and following through on them
- Developing new, positive habits
- Increasing the capacity to gain perspective
- Cultivating healthier relationships
- Eliminating toxic thoughts, people, and behaviors
Some examples of why you would work with a Life Coach
- You work almost 24/7 and need to create balance in life
- You’re starting a new business and need support and guidance
- You’re looking to make a major career change
- You have a project you’ve never finished
- You’re looking to find the right life partner
- You want to identify your core values and passions
During Power Lives Coaching with me, we will use the four principals outlined above, to look at three main areas that will help you to create a life you will love:
- Getting Rid of The Junk. Whether it’s clutter, toxic people in your life, the wrong job, you’ve got to get rid of the old to make way for the new and better stuff.
- Foundation Building. Building a solid foundation is all about cultivating positive habits, resources, and building up your reserves of energy, money, and motivation.
- The Ultimate Plan. Once the junk has been cleared out, and the foundation has been set, you will be unstoppable! So now, it’s just a question of figuring out what you want to achieve, creating the ultimate plan to get it, and putting it all into action!